The Japan Automobile Tyre Manufacturers Association, Inc.
8Floor, No.33 Mori Bldg., 3-8-21 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0001 Japan
September 26, 1947
To contribute to the development of the industry and economy of our country, and improvement of national life,
- Conducts research on production, distribution, consumption and trade of the automobile tyres (automobile tyres, off the road tyres, Industrial tyres, tyres for agricultural tractors and machines, etc.)
- Plan policies concerning safety and environmental preservation and promote them.
- Survey of the demand trends of automobile tyres, provision and investigation of various statistical data, and research on physical distribution.
- Research on various themes related to intellectual property.
- Promotion of public relations on safety such as proper use and appropriate maintenance of tyres including air pressure control.
- Tyre inspections on roads and highways.
- Enlightenment concerning safe driving on winter road.
- Inspections and judgments of damaged tyres, consumer consultation, and cooperation with judicial branches, police, etc. when requested in investigation and identification of tyres.
- Publication of JATMA Year Book (standards for automobile tyres).
- Affairs responding to each country's safety regulation, certification and labelling system.
- Discussion, communication and cooperation with international organizations, foreign governments and tyre-related organizations concerning harmonization of safety regulations.
- Operation of "Tyre Labeling System" and promotion and dissemination of fuel efficient tyres.
- Promotion of measures against global warming.
- Comprehensive promotion of 3R (reduce, reuse and recycling) and support for dumping site restoration.
- ［Full member］
- Bridgestone Corporation
- Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd.
- The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd.
- Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd.
- ［Associate member］
- Nihon Michelin Tire Co., Ltd.
- Goodyear Japan, Ltd.
Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
- Observance of Ordinance Regarding Personal Information
JATMA sufficiently recognizes the importance of individual rights concerning personal information, and will comply with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information", and other related laws and regulations.
- Promotion of all Publicity Relations Regarding Purposes of Using the Personal Information.
In case a personal information is provided to JATMA, we will use them within the scope of the purpose clearly shown when the information is given to us.
- Management of Personal Information
JATMA will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss, and damage of personal data which we deal with, and to safely manage other personal data (information security measures).
- Continuous Improvement of the Management System.
JATMA will seek to continuously improve the protection of personal information.
- Outsourcing Contract
In case of outsourcing a business, an agreement will be signed regarding confidentiality for handling personal information.
- Disclosure of personal information
The personal information provided to JATMA will not be provided to a third party without the consent of the said person. However, if disclosure is required by law, or if it is demanded by public organizations such as court or police, JATMA may disclose personal information without consent.
Chairman, Vice Chairman, Executive Director Board, Board Members, Inspectors
JATMA Committee Organization
△ Page Top